- We believe that all political power and influence should flow from the people upward, rather than from the state downward.
- We believe that all human rights are granted by God, not government and that government exists primarily to protect the God-given rights of its citizens.
- We believe that the original intent of the framers of the Constitution is just as valid and binding today as it was in their day.
- We believe that the power of the Federal Government must be strongly bound by the chains
of the Constitution to allow maximum individual achievement through
- We believe that the Constitution was written to govern a moral and religious people and it is being destroyed by those who are neither.
- We believe that freedom of religion is fundamental to a free society.
- We believe that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed.
- We believe that the sacred right to life extends to all persons regardless of age or infirmity and also would not allow for euthanasia, assisted suicide, or public funding for any of these practices.
- We believe that the traditional family is the foundation of our society (with traditional marriage as its cornerstone) and we will oppose any attempt to undermine or redefine the family unit.
- We believe that parents bear the final responsibility before God in the rearing of their
children and must be free to discipline
their children in love and direct their education without government
- We believe that the founders never intended to separate God from government but did intend to prevent government from establishing a single state religion or inhibiting the citizen’s right to the free exercise of religion in any setting, public or private.
- We believe that the right to keep and bear arms is fundamental to deterring government
tyranny and must be preserved without governmental interference.
- We believe that private property rights are fundamental to our liberty
- We believe that free market capitalism is the necessary partner of political freedom, and as such is the only economic system that creates the opportunities and incentives that will allow maximum productivity and prosperity for its citizens.
- We believe that taxes should serve only to pay for the enumerated Constitutional duties
of government, as it is not the role of our government to penalize
financial success or protect from financial failure.
- We believe that each of us should be free to achieve or fail according
to our individual abilities, without the need for governmental
assistance or quotas.
- We believe that our system of education must demand excellence rather than accommodate mediocrity
- We believe in the necessity of national sovereignty, and we also consider it crucial to return to appropriate state sovereignty under the 10th amendment.
- We believe that our foreign policy must always reflect our national self-interest, and that we must never compromise our national sovereignty to other nations, the United Nations, or any other world organization.
- We believe that the Constitution declares it the prerogative of Congress alone to declare war.
- We believe that “man’s inhumanity to man” by exploitation of slave labor in our county or elsewhere diminishes us as a people and should be opposed.